Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

your rooster is very pretty

Thanks. I have to give him reminder every once in a while as to who's boss though. He is a very fertile rooster. Out of 14 eggs set in this clutch 13 hatched. I had one other clutch of his set also ( brown eggs that is how I can use more than one clutch in one run) that had 12 and 8 if those hatched.

7 more Green Egger Naked Necks.
They kept bunching up.

I looked but can't remember for sure how many but part of these are single combed. All are yellow legged. Not sure how I'm going to go on leg color for these. The single combs I think are because the moms are only 1/2 Easter Egger so the comb could have went either way in them. I knew this could happen.
Over all please with them so far. Worth watching grow.

Last edited:
They are all nice birds but if you lived closer, I'd try to talk you out of birds in pic 2 and 3...regardless of gender.

Would that be any problem for you?

It'd be okay with me, but those belong to Missi. She just posted then here. They are the NN/EE cross also. You'd have to ask her.
I'm going to post individual picture a little later as mine start developing their colors.

Last edited:
These 7 are from my Salmon Naked Neck rooster over 2 Red (Duckwing) 1/2 Easter Egger and 1/2 Production Red.
All look like they're going to be some form of red coloring. So they are going to be part of my Green Egger Baked Neck project. Except for the cockerels. They will be sold.

Guessing pullet pea combed.

Pullet, pea combed.

Cockerel. Pea combed.

Pullet. Pea combed.

Cockerel. Pea combed.

Pullet. Single comb. Watching, maybe culled.

Pullet. Pea combed.

These are 3 weeks and 4 days old.

Here are the latest pictures of my latest hatch of Green Egger Naked Necks.

I'm going to post the picture and tell my guesses as to the sex and other observations. I would appreciate feedback as to your thoughts in the sex if each.

1).

Cockerel. Comb is an indicator. Vent check indicates cockerel ( just remember I'm not very good at vent sexing). Pea comb and yellow legs.

2).

Pullet. Comb:pea and vent check indicate pullet. Legs: green.

3).

Pullet. Same as above.

4).

Cockerel. Comb: Pea. Vent check indicates cockerel but the comb is iffy to me.

5).

Pullet. Same as the above two pullets but not sure on leg color sometimes I forgot to check on that.
6).

7).

6 & 7 are basically the same as the others that I think are pullets. Only difference these two are single combed.

I also did the leg test. Turn them on their backs, pullet pulls legs to her body, cockerel will fling his out from his body.
I don't know how accurate this is it is just something that I've heard all my life.
There was one that I thought was a pullet that had one to her body and one flung out, so IDK.
Edited: look to see if you can tell leg color. I think I got them mixed up as to which had which. Oops. I watch that better next photo session.

Last edited:
This is the rooster that I've decided that I will continue with on my Green Egger Naked Neck with for now.

He will be 19 weeks old tomorrow. As he grew I watched him. He had the best comb, legs ( green with a little bit to the blue side), and over all confirmation that I liked. He was not the dominant cockerel growing up a little lower in the totem pole. A little later on the crowing side. If I remember correctly it was about a week after I culled out the other 4 cockerels out. I have not yet observed him trying to do his manly duty, maybe he's shy and don't want an audience, I don't know. I figure he will get a little more aggressive at it in a few weeks.

Color: don't know what to call it except pretty. Maybe a splash version of Wheaten?

Comb: Pea
Legs: greenish with a strong hint of blue.

Front shot with comb.

Mid back and tail shot.

Top shot to show overall appearance.

Last edited:
I put my potential green egger cockerel with a couple hens.. He's been with them 2 weeks, was waiting for the hens to get cleaned out of the previous roos... but now I have to wait for a hen to go broody. :(

Back
Top Bottom