Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
I've just done a leg band check on all the chicks that are 4 weeks ( will be tomorrow).

I've got 5 chicks left that were hatched from the green eggs. Looks like 2 cockerels 2 pullets. Hopefully these will continue to thrive and grow up to lay me more green eggs.

I'll do another leg band check in Sunday or Monday and will try to get individual pictures of the chicks to post.

Last edited:
Well I made it a picture day:

Here are the 5 chicks that hatched from the green eggs. There were two hens in the run.
I have no ideal which chicks belong to which hen although I can hazard a good guess.

Picture 1:

Partridge ( I'm guessing at the color for now, seems like every other day they change a little). Cockerel.

Picture 2:

Blue (may develop red in him color as he matures) cockerel.

Picture 3:

Gold Birchen pullet.

Picture 4:

Birchen pullet.

Blue (may develop sine red in her as she natures) pullet.

These babies all have 1/4 Easter Egger blood and 3/4 Naked Neck.

I'm going to try to post picture every 2 weeks of the individual chicks. Hope fully they'll be in order but I can't promise they will be.

This gives the chicks time to do a little changing between pictures.

They were 4 weeks old yesterday 10/15/15.

This is my EE roo who has green legs and my black NN girl being photo bombed by my Dominique girl . The roo has a pea comb . They are 21 weeks old , raised together and inseparable. I'm curious as to what color eggs the offspring will lay

Last edited:

This is my EE roo who has green legs and my black NN girl being photo bombed by my Dominique girl . The roo has a pea comb . They are 21 weeks old , raised together and inseparable. I'm curious as to what color eggs the offspring will lay

When I made the first cross I used NN over EE hens and I got about 50/50 in green eggs and brown eggs. I can't remember exactly how many pullets I got from them. I didn't keep them all. Sold a few after they started laying.

I figure you'll come out about the same with EE rooster over NN hen/s.

Yeah, it is not easy to tell as EE are a mixed genetic bag even with peacombs. For this reason, could be all tan/brown eggs, could be all green eggs.. but half and half is a reasonable expectation.

If you happen to get single combed daughters out of him, chances are way high these won't lay green/blue eggs.

I'll be happy with that . I have pullets 21 weeks old from my Bielefelder rooster and my Crested Cream Legbar hen. Should get green to olive colored eggs from that cross. I really like the personality of Black Betty my NN. Hope to get some chicks with her personality

Yeah that cross should throw all colored eggs.

That happens all the time, the discovery of the wonderful turken personality. Too bad so many people cant get past their necks to discover it.

Back
Top Bottom