Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
Update on the chicks from the green eggs.

These two are by the Blue Cream Partridge Naked Neck rooster and out of my Silver Partridge Green a Egger Naked Neck. Not positive but but I'm thinking a Cockerel and a Pullet.

This in not a NN ad you can see but was supposed to be out of a Green Egger NN but a NN rooster. Being out of a green egg though hoping for a green egg layer. I think a Pullet, and if so will be breed to the cockerel from the egg above.

Yes not a NN and had a crest. Mom was aGreen Egger NN hen bred to a Csndy Corn Poilsh rooster. So from a green egg. I believe it is a Pullet so will be breed to the above cockerel.

Naked necks laying green eggs? That's pretty cool. Anyone got a picture of a flock of 'em running around? I don't think I have ever seen a flock consisting purely of naked necks before.

I don't I have only one that lays the green egg.

There is one that posted on here that has a flock of them ( not sure how many) a few posts up. geraldsherman or something like that

I'm trying to get mine built up, it's just hard getting there with the ups and downs I've had along the way.

Well I picked me up an Ameraucana rooster at an auction today. Not sure he's gonna make it though. The short 20/25 minute drive home looks like he's dying from heat exhaustion. I tried to get him to drink but he wouldn't so he's laid out on the ground and I watered it down trying to cool him off.

Purchased him to help the Green Egger NN project along. I'll see how it turns out when I check I him a little later.

Edited to say: this rooster expired on me about a hour after trying to cool him down

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out a way to get this project to keep going.

I still have the one hen. One chick (Naked Necked) from her I'm thinking is a cockerel. I've got a fully feathered 1/2 Naked Neck ( mother laid a green egg) and 1/2 Polish chick ( fully feathered) and a fully feathered chick ( I think is a Pullet) from a green egg.

Hopefully it will work out and get it back on track by spring of next year.

In the meantime I'll be posting pictures of what I have and hoping they'll ( pullets/hens) will all lay green/blue eggs.

Sorry to hear about your rooster not making it. Keep us posted on your egg colors. I have two little pullets now in the brooder that I'm hoping will lay blue eggs. Actually, one of them might be an olive egger but I'm not sure who her momma is.

Still trying to figure out a way to get this project to keep going.

I still have the one hen. One chick (Naked Necked) from her I'm thinking is a cockerel. I've got a fully feathered 1/2 Naked Neck ( mother laid a green egg) and 1/2 Polish chick ( fully feathered) and a fully feathered chick ( I think is a Pullet) from a green egg.

Hopefully it will work out and get it back on track by spring of next year.

In the meantime I'll be posting pictures of what I have and hoping they'll ( pullets/hens) will all lay green/blue eggs.
Well if one of your chicks turns out to be male breed him back to his mother and sister... with any luck you'll get blue gene caring offspring.

Here is my chick that hatched from my only green egg laying NN hen.

What you all think? Cockerel? I'm almost positive it is. This is one of those that are almost totally naked. Had very little feathers on its breast and abdominal area.

I see next week hasn't gotten here yet, haha.

Actually I kind of got busy with a promotion recently and have had quite a bit of rain.

If the rain stops long enough tomorrow, I'm off work, I'll try to get some more shots.
The chick from the post on 7/3/2016 has grown quite a bit and is beginning to show his colors, yes it definitely a cockerel, it is a kind of a Cream Partridge color.

Back
Top Bottom