Green queen Easter eggers bantams

I think there is probably some silkie in there some where. Some are dark skin and 5 toes. I got mine from my pet chicken and they also sell white silkied Easter egger that I have and love them. They have nice blue eggs. They could be in them too.
Oh that is so exciting to hear!! I love silkies and was trying to decide between easter eggers or silkies for my next group, didn't even think i could have a combo!! Once they are grown, are they still a bantam size?

So do you guys think they have their own silkied genes, or do you think they are mixed w silkies? I want to add bantam easter eggers in a few months too!!
I think they definitely have silkie in them, bc my girl has a similar crest, 5 toes, darker skin, and black silkied feathers. I heard the silkie gene is recessive so she might be a mix of two silkie crosses? Idk! At first she was larger then my other bantams as a chick, actually the same size as a paint silkie that was a week older than her. While she is still about the same size as her older flock sibling, the other bantams are catching up to her in size (especially my mottled cochin bantam). I highly recommend the bantam Easter egger from mypetchicken! Very intelligent, beautiful, and mostly friendly birds (just slightly standoffish). I have two in my flock, along with the mottled cochin bantam, my green queen bantam, a sultan, a millie fluer, a silkie, and 4 seramas (two of which are silkied).

I think they definitely have silkie in them, bc my girl has a similar crest, 5 toes, darker skin, and black silkied feathers. I heard the silkie gene is recessive so she might be a mix of two silkie crosses? Idk! At first she was larger then my other bantams as a chick, actually the same size as a paint silkie that was a week older than her. While she is still about the same size as her older flock sibling, the other bantams are catching up to her in size (especially my mottled cochin bantam). I highly recommend the bantam Easter egger from mypetchicken! Very intelligent, beautiful, and mostly friendly birds (just slightly standoffish). I have two in my flock, along with the mottled cochin bantam, my green queen bantam, a sultan, a millie fluer, a silkie, and 4 seramas (two of which are silkied).
Ok that is cool.. i was hoping someone could tell me how bantam easter eggers did as far as friendliness. I also have 2 duccles, 1 bantam cochin (she needs a cochin friend in the next batch), and a new little polish girl. I did have 2 sweetheart silkies, but they are reallly just too loud to have as house chickens, so they got a very pretty organic garden home. I'll have a nice coop and run built out before the next batch arrives though. Excited about that and more chickens!!

Oh that is so exciting to hear!! I love silkies and was trying to decide between easter eggers or silkies for my next group, didn't even think i could have a combo!! Once they are grown, are they still a bantam size?

Attachments

• 482B519E-70D0-493A-B03C-23B6C5F9BDCD.jpeg
    482B519E-70D0-493A-B03C-23B6C5F9BDCD.jpeg
    492.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 454B7D3B-013E-4208-8F20-07AAF99DD172.jpeg
    454B7D3B-013E-4208-8F20-07AAF99DD172.jpeg
    545.9 KB · Views: 14
I got these two dark silkied ones. The one is an interesting color with the two color wings. One bearded one with feathered feet. And the light one has some unusual wings. Not silkied or all curled like a frizzle but different

I got these two dark silkied ones. The one is an interesting color with the two color wings. One bearded one with feathered feet. And the light one has some unusual wings. Not silkied or all curled like a frizzle but different
Omg soooo pretty!! Ok i think i might get these then instead of regular bantam ee or silkies.. just so cute.

I found the green queen silkied versions on mpc.. let me check out Meyer's site..
It is from meyer hatchery in Ohio. Mypetchicken sources their birds from them but claim it's from different stock🤷‍♂️ That's why some are exclusive to one and not the other. Fir example I think meyer has a sage egger bantam but mypetchicken doesn't. Both have green queen bantams however.

Back
Top Bottom