Green thumb is itching, anyone else?

Quote:
I suggest you stop at the grocery store and get some cardboard boxes and mulch between you plants with them. This will keep the weeds down. Old newpapers will do the same thing but have tendency to blow away when dry. I prefer raised beds made from Culled 2x6's bought at home depot. saves weeding time. I originally mulched with black plastic and wood chips but now just go around with the weed whacker between the beds.

23908_lavs_del_and_garden_033.jpg

Ozark chickies and wyodreamers- thank ya'll for the replies I'm going to begin the hunt! Not telling ya'll what I'm looking for until I get my certain tomato seeds first! Ha I don't want them to run out of stock!
tongue.png

I made my order!
celebrate.gif
I found what I was hoping for in my seed hunt. Went to Tomatofest they had a lot of heirloom variety tomatoes and a bunch of weird ones. http://www.tomatofest.com/heirloom_tomato_seed_home.html

I
got Hawaiian Anahu, for a friend of mine who asked me to find it for him. And for me I'm going to try Tennessee sweet tomato and Louisiana's Creole couldn't find one for north MS maybe TN and LA will be close enough.... Seems like most everybody around here goes to buy hybrids from Lowe's and Wal-Mart
idunno.gif

Got a question. What does determinate mean in tomato talk?

Quote:
As I understand it determinate tomatoes grow to a specific size, but indeterminate keeps growing throughout it's entire life cycle.

Itching like mad. I already have hardy lettuce pop up everywhere, about an inch tall already and survived the cold 14 degree night without frostbite somehow. A field twice as big as last year is already tilled and mixed up with rabbit manure. We are so ready to go! What we have too much this year I will take to the restaurant where I'm a cook at, it's a little 74 old lady that owns it and the food is all from scratch. I can only imagine how much better it will be with fresh garden veggies and homegrown eggs yummm!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom