Green thumb is itching, anyone else?

MY SEED ORDER CAME TODAY!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Not that I'm excited or anything.
ya.gif

The gardening bug got me last night. I thought it was just me and that I was jumping the gun a little. Good to know I am not alone in my gardening crazies lol!

Found the seed train on here and posted my stuff already.

sure has... have 11 seed catalogs to look through and my seed safe to organize before sunday when I am having a garden planning party with friends! Spring is one of my favorite times of year...with the garden and all the baby animals! Yay!

I have ordered my seeds and will be starting my tomatoes and peppers inside in a few weeks. Cannot wait until spring! I am in zone 6 so I have a long wait. It is my first time starting my seeds indoors. I am hoping to save some $$ this way!

Today is the Rose care class, tomorrow is the pruning class and pick up some composted mini horse manure....And I think it will be about 70 again today!

The nursery has their bareroots in too....oh dear watch out wallet!

I took all my seeds that came the other day and all the packets of seeds I had left that didn't get opened last year, and I put all the little packets in a big, handwoven basket I have and was just playing with them and oohing and aaahhing about what I'm going to plant where. I'm praying for compatible weather and soil conditions for a super-fruitful garden this year!

Then hubby came home from work, and Mr. Organized whipped out the grid paper & we started the SERIOUS planning! So far, it's looking really good on paper.

We have had an exceedingly dry winter this year, but our landlord says it was a mild December and January here last year, then come the end of January, the snows and rains came & all heck broke loose weather-wise, and we had snow all the way until mid May 2011 and rain off and on throughout the rest of the spring! So, we are anticipating to have some good late winter snows and some spring rain. We are also looking into picking up some rain collection barrels and storing that water for the garden, as well. The odd weather patterns, however, leave one wondering when to plant.

Quote:
Didn't know about the seed train till you mentioned it, thanks. I plan on posting a few things, when I go though my seed again.

What seed catalogs do you guys use? I told hubby no more Wally world seeds for me. My green thumb is always itching. We got a bunch of concrete sewer pipe connectors (seconds free from the place that makes 'em) that we use as raised planters. they are 6' diameter. Then I also have a pumpkin patch and corn patch. I hate that we have to wait until Memorial day to plant around here. I thought I was safe and could jump the gun one year but just as my garden came up... jack frost obliterated it!

Back
Top Bottom