Green Tree Frog

You can keep quiet a few in the same setup. I had 3-4 when I had my terrarium setup.
Good Luck they are fun little buggers....watchout they will climb up your windows.
big_smile.png

well it really depends on where you get them. petsmart told us that their frogs try and eat everything but they have a few of the same kind of frog together so i dont see why not. i just would try and make them close to the same size as possible and dont mix breeds my husband and i have a dumpys or whites tree frog. we had 2 anoles in with him and it was a constant battle scene....

He was in a plant at Wal~Mart, when I picked up the plant . . .

He jumped ! Landed right on my face. I decided it was love at first sight and he came home with me
hugs.gif

Now if someone would post a picture so I can make sure that is what he is, I would sure appreciate it !

Thanks for the replies guys
frow.gif

the problem is there are SO MANY types of "green tree frogs"
where did the plant come from???
the USA???? what state??? south america??? what country???

18399_treefroggreen03.jpg

regular american southeastern green tree frog...
scientific name... hylacinerea or hylidae
yes they can be housed togther.. feed them a variety of insects, dust the food with vit/mineral/D3 supplements once a week.. they grow to about 2 inches in lenth cage should be a "woodland" moist shallow bowl of water.., they like branches to climb on.. live 6+ years..if you keep them clean, they dont usually get sick...

My kids like to catch them...they climb up the outside of my windows at night, eating the bugs that are attracted to the lights
big_smile.png

Last year, they caught 2 of them and brought them inside and we made them a nice home with dirt and plants, spritzed with water, and fed them crickets from Petsmart. They would dig holes in the plant dirt and sleep there during the day, then come out and sing and chirp in the evening. They lived together happily, and sometimes even saw them in the same hole together. We enjoyed them for a while, then I convinced the kids to let them go back outside where they came from. We continued to see them climbing our windows at night, until winter came. I bet they'll be back out again soon!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom