Green urate in dropping

atecom

Chirping
Feb 4, 2021
Hi,

I have noticed recently one of my quail has started having Green urate caps with its droppings, as pictured.

They are kept in a cage and fed game bird layer pellets, with occasional treats of mealworms and white sesame seeds daily.

Nothing untoward about both my quail physically, both moving around, drinking and eating as usual

Any idea what could cause this?
PXL_20210730_032540622.jpg

Hi,

I have noticed recently one of my quail has started having Green urate caps with its droppings, as pictured.

They are kept in a cage and fed game bird layer pellets, with occasional treats of mealworms and white sesame seeds daily.

Nothing untoward about both my quail physically, both moving around, drinking and eating as usual

Any idea what could cause this?
View attachment 2778445
Looks fine so far jeep an eye out for more or greener

Just an update from this:
Yesterday it the quail wasn't doing well, so I took it to the exotic birdcare vet. It appears the bird had a massive haemotoma, possibly caused by trauma, though unsure how it got the trauma as it was a very calm quail its whole life and never experienced any major falls or bumps that I ever saw. It was in such a bad shape by the time it got care that it died during the investigation.

Just an update from this:
Yesterday it the quail wasn't doing well, so I took it to the exotic birdcare vet. It appears the bird had a massive haemotoma, possibly caused by trauma, though unsure how it got the trauma as it was a very calm quail its whole life and never experienced any major falls or bumps that I ever saw. It was in such a bad shape by the time it got care that it died during the investigation.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom