greenfire farms and whitmore farm

I purchased older started birds from GreenFireFarms and was delighted in what I got. The birds traveled from Fl. to Ca. and arrived in 2 1/2 days. They were just fine when they arrived and are now at laying age and soon to have offspring. Very tickled with the birds.

Quote:
Did you receive a copy of the importation papers with your purchase?...or just a "honor system" transaction.................just out of curiosity... I asked him about them through an email and he told me he threw them away........ (when I inquired into buying chicks....)... maybe he just didn't want to sell chicks at the time. I'm not sure..... but I was wondering if any purchases of the high dollar chicks are getting proof of importation.... I won't buy them for that price until I have that... If I went to all the trouble to import birds I would always give a copy to my buyers as proof. I would be PROUD to~.... am I the only one who feels this way?.. I'm not downing them or their birds... They look awesome... just a concern on my part before I make the leap~.....

Last edited:
tongue.png
I bought some week-old Welsummers from Will and drove 2 hours to get them. The farm is spotless and well-run, and Will is justifiably proud of his many acomplishments.

My pullets started laying as 3 days over 4 months, and lay the most gorgeous dark brown solid terra cotta (some nearly black they are so dark) and some speckled ones I love. A double-yolker about every week from one of them. One I deliberately chose because she was a bit smaller, but she has done very well and is my best layer and bravest hen. They are friendly and eccentric, come running/flying to get thier morning yogurt, and perch all over my husband ( they think he is their Roo). These are our first hens, and we are enjoying them tremendously!

We let them roam our large yard and their eggs are absolutely the best! I took a dozen in to my Kenyan boss, and he was over the moon! "Ah", said Martin, casting his eyes heavenward. "they tasted like home!. I cooked two as soon as I got home, and when my Lucy (his wife) saw them, she had to have one, and got a double-yolker!", he said, obviously tickled. "She was so thrilled!" If I wasn't a state worker and just not just had a 2.5% pay cut, I might be looking at a decent raise now!
wink.png

I ordered Delaware and Welsummer hatching eggs from Whitmore Farm to add some new blood to my existing lines. They arrived all intact and quite an impressive method to hold the eggs was used. Ended up with a decent hatch for shipped eggs, around 68%. The Welsummers are still a work in progress for him but they are better looking then many I see. The Delawares are also nice and again much better then most that I see on BYC.
I would definitely recommend them.

Looking for phone number and e mail for greenfire farms. My computer is not set up to auto respond with e mails so I do need some help.

Want some coronations but want the import papers as well!

Looking for phone number and e mail for greenfire farms. My computer is not set up to auto respond with e mails so I do need some help.

Want some coronations but want the import papers as well!

Did you try the contact form? I asked the other day where they are, and they responded really fast. They are outside Tallahassee. I'd almost rather drive there and save on shipping ($60!) and not worry about the PO losing the box- like they've done to me repeatedly.​

I'm about to order from Greenfire; I have spoken with him several times over the course of the last week and he has been informative, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. I am so excited about ordering from them!

Quote:
Just curious. Why are the import papers so important??

I'd think that the import papers would sort of be like registration papers for a horse. They prove that the birds were from actual imported lines, just as registration papers on a horse insures their bloodlines
smile.png

Quote:
Just curious. Why are the import papers so important??

Please let us know if you end up getting a copy of the import papers..... If someone is going to pay those kind of prices they certainly should have verification they they actually were imported legally......

Back
Top Bottom