Greenfire farms Dutch Owlbeards.

This is Orin. He is the kindest rooster I’ve ever met, even in the throes of puberty. 😂 He has a sweet, lively, chipper, chatty personality and no sense of personal space. He’s near the bottom of the pecking order, BUT!!! He doesn’t like it when the other roosters get too close to me, and anytime one of the other cockerels gets too rough with a hen, he’s the first to intervene. He has the sweetest eyes. My daughter calls them “doe eyes.” View attachment 3413178View attachment 3413179View attachment 3413180

View attachment 3413182View attachment 3413183View attachment 3413184View attachment 3413185View attachment 3413186

This is Faun. It’s her first laying season, but she has laid 5 surprisingly large eggs a week for the last 2 weeks. She was cornered and scalped so badly by an older hen back in November that her entire bare skull was showing. She has made a complete recovery, and as stated before, is laying well. Even during her recovery she was bright, alert, and vigorous with a strong will to live. She’s not a cuddly bird, but inquisitive and extremely intelligent if a bit restless.
View attachment 3413192View attachment 3413193View attachment 3413194View attachment 3413195View attachment 3413196View attachment 3413197View attachment 3413198View attachment 3413199
I’m excited to start hatching babies from these two. ❤️
They’re beautiful.

So I was looking around for Owlbeard threads- and found this one. I ended up with some this year and to my surprise, though they have strange nostrils for sure, I am absolutely IN LOVE. I’ve never seen such lively, friendly, chatty little cheeps, they’re like curious George and want nothing but attention from human companions. They chirp and chirrup at you cocking their heads left and right. Bright and inquisitive. They have the softest baby down and most beautiful feathers. They’re still relatively young, but over the last month I’ve been struck by the breed. Their cute little fluffy black cheeks are just (running out of synonyms for cute here) 🥰.

So I was looking around for Owlbeard threads- and found this one. I ended up with some this year and to my surprise, though they have strange nostrils for sure, I am absolutely IN LOVE. I’ve never seen such lively, friendly, chatty little cheeps, they’re like curious George and want nothing but attention from human companions. They chirp and chirrup at you cocking their heads left and right. Bright and inquisitive. They have the softest baby down and most beautiful feathers. They’re still relatively young, but over the last month I’ve been struck by the breed. Their cute little fluffy black cheeks are just (running out of synonyms for cute here) 🥰.
Do you have any images of your chicks?

IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg

This is Orin. He is the kindest rooster I’ve ever met, even in the throes of puberty. 😂 He has a sweet, lively, chipper, chatty personality and no sense of personal space. He’s near the bottom of the pecking order, BUT!!! He doesn’t like it when the other roosters get too close to me, and anytime one of the other cockerels gets too rough with a hen, he’s the first to intervene. He has the sweetest eyes. My daughter calls them “doe eyes.” View attachment 3413178View attachment 3413179View attachment 3413180

View attachment 3413182View attachment 3413183View attachment 3413184View attachment 3413185View attachment 3413186

This is Faun. It’s her first laying season, but she has laid 5 surprisingly large eggs a week for the last 2 weeks. She was cornered and scalped so badly by an older hen back in November that her entire bare skull was showing. She has made a complete recovery, and as stated before, is laying well. Even during her recovery she was bright, alert, and vigorous with a strong will to live. She’s not a cuddly bird, but inquisitive and extremely intelligent if a bit restless.
View attachment 3413192View attachment 3413193View attachment 3413194View attachment 3413195View attachment 3413196View attachment 3413197View attachment 3413198View attachment 3413199
I’m excited to start hatching babies from these two. ❤️
Those birds are gorgeous; the rooster, though, is spectacular. Just wow!

Back
Top Bottom