Greenhouse

I just enclosed it and so far alls I have growing are potted Tomato and Pepper plants from summer cut back to regrow. I will be taking cuttings from them all winter long and planting them in the ground come spring. I started some Tomato, Basil, Oregano, and sunflower seeds as well as some ginger root in there. I placed my Miracle Berry plant in there, still waiting to for fruit production on that.

I’m up in the Greensboro area & just put up a cheap prefab plastic greenhouse inside our south-facing screened in porch. I’ve got some volunteer tomato seedlings I’ll try in there & a green pepper plant I’d love to keep around. How do you take cuttings from the green pepper plant? Do you root them in water or soil? Love your greenhouse!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/bubble-cloner-diy-plant-propagation.1424766/

I have a thread on the contraption I use to propagate peppers. It works for seeds and cuttings. Pepper cuttings are very hard to do and I have not done one yet. I am waiting until the tomatoes I put in it work out, then I make adjustments and fix the bugs.

People do pepper cuttings just by sticking them in water but the success rate is really poor. Peppers have very slow growing roots.

Back
Top Bottom