Greenish feet and can't walk !!

MadameC

Hatching
Apr 6, 2020
Southwest France
Bonjour from France ! I'm writing on behalf of some girlfriends confined together with their 5 hens, maybe about 6 months old. They only speak French so I offered to help. One of the red hens developed a green tinge on her feet and some scabs as well. Its been 2 days and she can't walk. Due to the confinement, difficult to see a Vet but had one on the phone, he didn't seem to know what it was. There is also some swelling. Any ideas ?
chickfeeeet.jpeg
chickfeet.jpeg

The green color is bruising from a fall or possibly a predator attack. Since there are scabs, I would wash them off amd inspect them. A disinfectant would be good to apply to the skin. There may be broken bones in the feet. Something we make for lame chickens is a chicken sling to get them up and off the feet where they can still eat. Take them out often to rest and sleep. Here is a link for the slings:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/versions-of-chick-chairs-please.1166308/

I'm so sorry for not giving news earlier, distracted with all of the Covid19 reality here in France. SHE survived and has totally recovered, thanks to your Tips I'm sure ! I hope you are well and safe where you are in the world and thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom