Feedback Greeters... SO PROUD!!

Saying hi to new members is an easy way to make a person feel they've been noticed and that BYC is a welcoming community. I work during the summers so can't do as many greets as I'd like, but look out this winter...I'll be right there saying Hello!

Any googled question that contains the word chicken will bring up BYC in the top results.
How many is considered the "top" results?
Here are the top ones from my Google search
and BYC is MIA. :(
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 8.52.27 PM.png

How many is considered the "top" results?
Here are the top ones from my Google search
and BYC is MIA. :(
View attachment 1492803
I guess I generally don't Google products. Just chicken related questions like breeds or diseases, or even my search tonight to see if a chicken hen could hatch and raise muscovy successfully.

Since BYC doesn't sell products I suppose it won't show for basic product searches. Change your search to chicken poultry grit uses and there's BYC not too far down. So I shouldn't said all chicken questions, but many. :)

I genuinely like greeting newbies, I think it helps "break the ice" so to speak. If they see alot of Howdy's, Welcome, Hi, Glad to have you here, etc...it puts them at ease and will be more likely to ask more questions or join in other conversations on different threads.

A custom greeting is more conducive to achieving that "warm fuzzy" feeling to the newbies, 1 being that you actually read their intro and therefore have already engaged them in a manner that makes them feel welcome.

I genuinely like greeting newbies, I think it helps "break the ice" so to speak. If they see alot of Howdy's, Welcome, Hi, Glad to have you here, etc...it puts them at ease and will be more likely to ask more questions or join in other conversations on different threads.

A custom greeting is more conducive to achieving that "warm fuzzy" feeling to the newbies, 1 being that you actually read their intro and therefore have already engaged them in a manner that makes them feel welcome.

I agree! One thing I notice is that many New Members get quite a surprise with all the "welcomes" and will express how much they were not expecting such a friendly community! Some are down right shocked. :D That gives ME that warm and fuzzy feeling. :p

Back
Top Bottom