Greetings from Illinois

eracerx46

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
Hi everybody, new to posting here but have used the site to help me out with any questions I've had. Figured it was time to contribute where possible. I'm from northeastern Illinois, about an hour north of Chicago. I've currently got 2 Brahmas and 9 chicks of varying breeds roughly 2 months old. Also have 11 blue ameraucana's, and 5 black copper Marans that should hatch in a few days. I have a sneaking suspicion the PO wasn't too kind with the Marans eggs, one was cracked. Had 13 Marans eggs that came from southern IL and 5 are looking good. Meanwhile the Blue Ameraucana eggs from Rhode Island, 11 out of 12 look they're going to hatch. I'll find out saturday

I'm fortunate where I live, I'm in unincorporated Wauconda so I'm able to have chickens unlike most of the town. I built a small coop and run out of an old shed on my dads property. About a year and a half ago I bought the tract next door to my dad, so between the two of us we have about ten acres of land, about half of it is woods. With the new chicks coming I just started building a coop and run on my side of the fence. Not that I need another hobby, trying to build a new house while getting the other on my property ready to rent. It's an anomaly to have 2 houses on one tract in this area, but since it had 2 houses already its grandfathered in. Hopefully the future tenants wont mind the birds.

Welcome to BYC.
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you are going to have a busy summer building! Good luck with the hatch, hope the Marans do OK.

images

Welcome to BYC!

And good luck with your hatch! Keep us posted....we love pics of hatchlings! :)

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom