greetings from lancaster PA

ponch

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
hello folks from a newbe in lancaster county,im intersted in raising backyard chickens as pets, i have a large aviary attached to the chicken coop my neighbor donated and i do have a serama bantam rooster given to me by my wifes coworker, but what i truly want is a gold dutch bantam rooster and a few hens,but to my surprize these gold dutch bantams are hard to get,i checked out a few hatcheries but with no luck, Welp hatchery in Bancroft Iowa have dutch banties available but sadly not the gold dutch variety,any of you folks experience the same problem with this particular breed,seems their not well known here in the states.
smile.png

Hello, and
welcome-byc.gif

My name's Journee, nice to meet you.

And nice choice in birds, too I'll say! I don't know much about them personally, but have heard of them in good light.

their one of the smallest breeds and come in many color variations but sadly not well known here,they make great pets but are flighty so in most part unless you have a huge yard must be kept in an aviary, if i cant find the gold dutch bantam i can settle for the brown viarety,until then my search continues
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom