Greetings from Massachusetts! So happy to be part of this!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by youngjedi32002, May 3, 2011.

1. youngjedi32002

youngjedi32002 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    East Coast
    I love this site so much and have learned so much from reading the information and posts! This is my first year with a flock and I am loving it! I finally took the time to register because I finally feel like I have learned enough to be able to interact and I want to be able to get answers to any questions that come up because I KNOW you guys will know!!! I live in Massachusetts, outside Boston, with my wonderful husband, my son, my stepdaughter, Pit Bull/Lab pup, Ragdoll cat, Teddy Bear hamster, English Lop-Eared rabbit, and 4 FABULOUS chickens!!! I have an Australorp (Abby), a Silver-Laced Wyandotte (Henrietta), a Rhode Island Red (Meg), and a Buff Orpington (Gwen)! I got them as one day old chicks on March 1st and I still cannot believe they have only been living with us for 2 months! Haven't we always had chickens!?! So much fun to watch, so much joy! My son, Luke Sky Walker (yes, that really IS his name!), loves the chickens and he wanted to hatch some eggs, so we got him an incubator for his birthday and his 4 eggs should be hatching any day now! It has really become a family affair! My husband, who is not very good with tools (by his own admission!), just completed a coop stand and a chicken run from a design I thought up! He is especially amazed at how great the chickens are! He constantly calls them "the girls"! So cute! I am thrilled to be here and hope to make many friends! I already "know" so many of you and your posts have given me invaluable info! So thrilled to finally be a member!

2. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]. This is an awesome forum to be apart of

3. Pairie Faring

Pairie Faring Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Dodge City
    [​IMG] from Kansas!

4. YYZ

YYZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2010
    Maine
    Hey Massachusetts. Im a former Mass_ _ _ _. Haha (many many years ago)
    Hello from Maine !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck with your hatch. [​IMG]

6. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Michigan!

7. Katydid2011

Katydid2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    West Coast USA
    [​IMG] Hello from Oregon and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

8. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Welcome to BYC!! Formerly from Methuen! Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. youngjedi32002

youngjedi32002 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    East Coast
    Quote:I hope to be a "former" Mass_ _ _ _ someday soon to! And I want to move to Maine!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by