Greetings from SW Missouri

Hello there ,Ed, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I hope you enjoy it here, and make yourself at home! I started a thread on winter chicken keeping, if you want to check in out. You might find some useful advice there. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ks-for-coping-the-elements-with-your-chickens. Also, Barred Rock rooster cape and hackle feathers will get $$$ in the Fly Fishing industry. You might like to read up on that. I hope you are able to figure out something to do with the mean guy. My little sister has been attacked by a mean rooster twice (not mine) and it has been very serious, nothing to play around with.

Thanks CuzChickens! That thread has a lot of good info in it. :)

The one up side of having the rooster is that we've had a hawk checking out the yard every few days, Whenever he's around, the rooster sends up a horrible screech/alarm and the hens run and hide. I saw him actually jump and knock the hawk away fro a hen one time. So, while he's an over-aggressive jerk, I have to admit that is part of his job description.

I'll check out the fly fishing stuff. thanks! :)

Hello to everyone. I have a flock of chickens, geese,Guinness, and ducks. They all free roam in my backyard and I've noticed that some of the chickens have got a respiratory infection. I got some antibiotics and plan on treating the flock of chickens. My question is do I need to treat the ducks, geese, and Guinness too

Thanks CuzChickens!  That thread has a lot of good info in it. :)  

The one up side of having the rooster is that we've had a hawk checking out the yard every few days, Whenever he's around, the rooster sends up a horrible screech/alarm and the hens run and hide. I saw him actually jump and knock the hawk away fro a hen one time. So, while he's an over-aggressive jerk, I have to admit that is part of his job description.

I'll check out the fly fishing stuff. thanks! :)
, Well, at least he is keeping the hens safe! I have a problem with hawks as well, but with 8 roosters, the hawks have not been successful yet!

Hello to everyone. I have a flock of chickens, geese,Guinness, and ducks. They all free roam in my backyard and I've noticed that some of the chickens have got a respiratory infection. I got some antibiotics and plan on treating the flock of chickens. My question is do I need to treat the ducks, geese, and Guinness too
Hello there, and welcome to Backyard chickens! I suggest you post your question on this page https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/threads/add/forumId/10. Good luck.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for joining us! And thanks for the photos!

Hello and greetings from the same town you are in. I'm that guy from that website who started that group you can't join (yet). Was that vague enough?

Darn! My reply didn't post. I tried to reply with a stupid and humorous comment (typical for me), but...
Anyhow, I would like to get others in our area in a group on here to discus and maybe get together to help when needed. I'm not too sociable anymore, but sometimes I need help because I'm just starting out and because I don't believe in asking for help without being willing to give back, I think this is a good opportunity to do both. I have learned a lot since I started raising chickens and I know how to process for dinner (can I talk about that here?), so I'm willing to share what I know.

Back
Top Bottom