Greetings from the Eastern Shore of MD

Kim_1970

Songster
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
MD
Hello all

I joined this website awhile back because my sister had chickens (she lived in NJ and I am in MD) and I was interested in possibly getting chickens someday. Well, I finally moved to a house where there is property and the ability to have chickens. FINALLY!!!

Anyway, to introduce myself, I am 39 and married. No kids. 3 horses, 1 pony, 1 parrot, 3 indoor cats and 4 dogs. Now... I have to add chickens to the list soon.
smile.png

I live on the Eastern Shore of MD and we are surrounded by chicken houses.... mostly Perdue, Allens and Mountaire. I hate seeing the chickens being loaded off to the factories.
sad.png

But its part of life here in this region.
The chickens I plan to get will be egg layers/pets. I dont plan on eating them. Once I give something a name, it cant be food.

I have interest in the Black Australorps and the Jersey Giants. Mostly because I want large eggs. Color doesnt matter. Although, if possible I would like an easter egger too.

I'll post pictures of the coop and run that is currently at this house. It needs fixing and refining but I think it will work.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and if there is anyone remotely near to where I live (Pittsville, MD) I would love to hear from you!

-Kim

Hi Kim!
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!
yippiechickie.gif
Its got to be so difficult to see that.
sad.png
I'd get bothered by it everytime a truck went down the road. Glad to hear your babies are going to be pets!!
thumbsup.gif
Enjoy chickeneering, its great!

Welcome Kim, you will find more chickens than you know what to do with later on. You will soon discover so many new varieties you will change your mind....but for now, go to the breeds section and you will hook up with different breeders for the kinds you want.

Welcome Kim. I would love to see your pictures of your coop both before and after you fix it up. Chickens are alot of fun!

Welcome Marylander! I am in Cecil county, top of the bay. You should come to the Susquehanna Poultry show in Be Air MD on the 21st. There should be lots of birds for sale there. I have black Australorps in the bater now.

Back
Top Bottom