Greetings One and All

Quillfeather

Chirping
Jan 23, 2022
Hello fellow Flock mates! Quillfeather here coming to you from Old Town, Florida. I've been around the site a few times in the past, popping in to search for answers to questions when problems arise within the flock and figured it was finally time to actually be part of it all.

At the moment of this post (because yes, the flock will grow again come spring) we have a decent sized flock. At this point, I am looking to deal more with Silkies, but I need new blood brought in. I got a batch of eggs from a hatchery in Jacksonville who, at that time two years ago, admitted on their site that they didn't pay attention to parentage and just shoved birds together to get the most interesting colors. Just a quick note on the colors I list for the Silkies below, there are some I'm not 100% sure on. Roe-roe has the partridge coloring, but he also has streaks of vibrant orange, with an iridescent shine to his feathers that none of my others have. Revali also has the partridge colors but rather than just be brown and black, he has dark blue in places as well.

Ducks:
Neo (Pekin Drake)
Chin (Jumbo Pekin Drake)
PK (Swedish Blue Hen)
Aurora (Cayuga Hen)

Goose:
Rondue (African Gander)

Standard Sized Chickens:
Cinnamon (Rhode Island Red Hen)
Pewter (Buff Orpington Hen)
Honey (Buff Orpington Hen)
Iris (California White Hen)
Youngseo (Blue Swedish Isbar / Cream Legbar Mix Rooster)
Clover (California White) *Daughter of Youngseo and now deceased Chamomile (California White)*
Dinraal (Blue Swedish Isbar Rooster) *Son of Youngseo and Cinnamon*
Balsa (Cream Legbar Hen) *Daughter of Youngseo. Current mother is unknown* **Currently being raised by Due-ran and Nero**

Bantam Sized Chickens:
Ashi (White Faced Black Spanish Rooster)
Aroo (Self Blue Old English Rooster)
Nero (Grey Japanese Rooster)
Hiero (Blue Silkie Rooster)
Roe-roe (Partridge Satin Showgirl Rooster)
Due-ran (Lavender Paint Satin Hen)
Rixxy (Porcelain Showgirl Hen)
Quinta (Splash Showgirl Hen)
Cloud (Porcelain Frizzle Silkie Hen)
Sylvan (Black Frizzle Silkie Rooster)
Aska (Lavender Silkie Rooster) *Son of Hiero and Rixxy*
Naydra (Paint Showgirl Hen) *Daughter of Hiero and Rixxy*
Farosh (Partridge Showgirl Rooster) *Son of Hiero and Rixxy*
Revali (Partridge Silkie Rooster) *Son of Hiero and Rixxy*
Tokki (White Silkie Rooster)

Current Planned Projects:
Tortoiseshell Silkie Pattern (Revali actually looks close to what I have in mind with how his colors came out)
Frizzle Silkie Flock (Sylvan and Cloud won me over on them, I just think they're cute. Not looking to show these birds)
Silkied Grey Japanese

Back
Top Bottom