Greetings Progam - instantiate new chicken farmer

H3xan01c

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 8, 2014
I'd spent far too much time behind a keyboard and in server rooms so last year I started construction of a coop. Early spring, during the -30C weather, I had the opportunity to purchase a flock of 17 1yr old sexlinks. It spured me to complete the coop earlier than expected, it was very cold but I got it done, enough. They have been so much fun all summer so 1 month ago I purchased another 16 1 day olds which are growing up so fast. It has been a great break from computers and security stuff. My kids love it my wife puts up with it. :) Now I have also have a 3 month old polish hen. possibly a rooster we will sort it out soon I guess. It just didn't get along well with my friend Jen's flock so it came to me. it's in with the young 1 month olds getting along okay so far. Looking forward to years of fun. Glad to be a Back Yard Chicken guy.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. Congratulations on getting your coop built in spite of the cold. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Are your sex links Black Sex Links or Red Sex Links?

14 red sex links and 3 black sex links. the 3 black sex links are larger than the red ones, older maybe or is that a trait for them? they do control the upper roost in the coop :)

Back
Top Bottom