Greetings, Ya'll!

G’Day from down under ZeeAviatrix
frow.gif
Welcome!

I too am so very sorry to hear about Roxanne.

However, I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Last edited:
oh thats so sad. im cant imagine how devastated you are. hopefully she didnt suffer. i worry about this on our land as well. we have a ton of hawks, owls and eagles in our area.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under ZeeAviatrix
frow.gif
Welcome!

I too am so very sorry to hear about Roxanne.

However, I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Thank you so much for the link - I'll take a look. I am truly amazed at how much information there is on this website and very thankful for it, too!

Thank you all for your condolences regarding Roxanne. My avatar is a watercolor painting I did of her. There is a hawk sitting in a tree in the background and a bunch of grapes in the foreground, as grapes were her absolute favorite thing to eat. Some chickens are truly pets and she made me laugh all the time!

Happy Chickening!

Thank you all for your condolences regarding Roxanne. My avatar is a watercolor painting I did of her. There is a hawk sitting in a tree in the background and a bunch of grapes in the foreground, as grapes were her absolute favorite thing to eat. Some chickens are truly pets and she made me laugh all the time!

Happy Chickening!
This just beautiful. I hope you have this pictured framed one day and hang It on the wall.

This just beautiful. I hope you have this pictured framed one day and hang It on the wall.
Oh, absolutely! I had the painting matted and framed and it's on my wall by the back door of my house where I'd head out each morning to let Roxanne out of the coop for her morning walk! I just had to have a "In Memory Of" painting of one of my favorite chickens.

Thank you!

You are most welcome.

You are so talented to catch the beauty of your hen in this painting. I wish I could do it. With every little detail you placed into it is just amazing, from the hawk in the pines to her favorite treats you gave her you didn't miss a thing.

Cntry

Back
Top Bottom