Greetings!

Mallori

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2018
Good morning!

I'm Lori, newbie to the forums. We've had chickens about four years now, started as a 4H project for my son, but I am taking over the flock as he heads to college.

We started with 6, then got six more the following year. So had some RIR, black stars, red stars, buffs and australorps. After a couple died (some unknown, a couple to a fox), we were down to eight hens.
This spring, I ordered 16 chicks from a hatchery. I got 4 buffs, 4 production reds, 4 Wyandotte, 4 Barred Rock.

I have lots of coop questions, as I'm a city kid transplanted to a very small rural community on three acres now. But I do love having chickens, so want to continue learning and have the healthiest flock possible. :)

Good morning!

I'm Lori, newbie to the forums. We've had chickens about four years now, started as a 4H project for my son, but I am taking over the flock as he heads to college.

We started with 6, then got six more the following year. So had some RIR, black stars, red stars, buffs and australorps. After a couple died (some unknown, a couple to a fox), we were down to eight hens.
This spring, I ordered 16 chicks from a hatchery. I got 4 buffs, 4 production reds, 4 Wyandotte, 4 Barred Rock.

I have lots of coop questions, as I'm a city kid transplanted to a very small rural community on three acres now. But I do love having chickens, so want to continue learning and have the healthiest flock possible. :)

Welcome!!!

Back
Top Bottom