Grey Poop-on?

Maybe a ramp up to the roost? That way it will offer her a place closer to the flock and keep her from being pooped on. In my coop I have roosts in the corner of my coop that is located far from the main perch. This roost allows a low-ranked hen to perch at night without being bullied on. It works well in my situation. You might also need more room for your chickens.

Maybe a ramp up to the roost? That way it will offer her a place closer to the flock and keep her from being pooped on. In my coop I have roosts in the corner of my coop that is located far from the main perch. This roost allows a low-ranked hen to perch at night without being bullied on. It works well in my situation. You might also need more room for your chickens.
Wow that is actually a really great idea. This is why I post these things. The idea of a ramp but she could actually sleep on the ramp if she wanted to but at least it gets her out of poopy‘s way. I could put a corner roost in but there wouldn’t be a poopy board under it but I’m sure that’s not the end of the world if only one chicken is pooping into the main part of the coop

Having a similar issue with my white Cochin. My roost is already super low, but she sleeps on the poop board. There are really only 1 or 2 girls who sleep above her, but they have 8 ft of roost, and they all sit right above poor Iris. I move them when I lock them up for the night, and they move back over her and still gets pooped on. And she's all white feathers. It's such a mess. I've tried a ramp.

I'm going to redo my coop eventually to give her a space under the roost that is sheltered from the nightly rain of poop.

Having a similar issue with my white Cochin. My roost is already super low, but she sleeps on the poop board. There are really only 1 or 2 girls who sleep above her, but they have 8 ft of roost, and they all sit right above poor Iris. I move them when I lock them up for the night, and they move back over her and still gets pooped on. And she's all white feathers. It's such a mess. I've tried a ramp.

I'm going to redo my coop eventually to give her a space under the roost that is sheltered from the nightly rain of poop.
I would love to see what you come up with. I even made a faked-up "poopy board" that was wide enough for her to sit in, and I filled it up with the same hemp I put on the boards. I put it across the two roosts that are there and secured it. So what ended up happening is that I displaced a portion of the roosts to put the board there so the other ladies ended up sleeping on that new board and Frodo still slept on the poopy board LOL. I don't have room for any more boards that are on their own. I liked the idea someone had about putting. roost in the corner. or even maybe a little corner "shelf" she could sleep on.

Can you move the roost back, so the other girls are further away from the lone one? May not be feasible, if the roost is centered over the board and everyone doesn't roost the same direction. I have a Buff Orp that roosts on the edge of the poop board, but she doesn't get pooped on, due to the distance between the roost and edge.

roost.png

Back
Top Bottom