1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GRIP LINER on bottom DAY 18

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by leecey411, Dec 4, 2007.

1. leecey411

leecey411 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2007
    Has anyone used this on the bottom to prevent spayed legs?[​IMG]
    Let me know what you think.

I just set the eggs on top, out of the turner and now the excitement mounts!!
    I am expecting Hanukah chicks, [​IMG] silkie and serama!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yep, I always line my hatcher with it. Works well. See?
    [​IMG]

3. d_rooster

d_rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    Cynthia,
    In your picture of your lined incubator, is that a frame of wood around the edge or perhaps a modified drawer to keep the chicks from getting their little feet caught at the edges of the incubator?
    ~Donald

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's a tray my Dh made out of cabin siding and plastic garden fencing for the bottom. It's sitting in our homemade Fridge-a-Bator hatcher. When the hatch is done, we just remove the tray, wipe out the bottom, disinfect the tray and liner or cut a new liner and back in it goes.

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Where does one get this Grip Liner?

6. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Walmart has it for .94 cents I bought some last week.

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

It's shelf liner so it's with the houseware stuff.

8. d_rooster

d_rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    North Augusta, SC
    Yes, I've gotten this same stuff from Wal-mart in a black color to use for lining my Craftsman tool cabinet. It's a little thinner that what is sold at the hardward store for tool drawer liner, but much cheaper and serves the purpose for that job, too. I also cut it up for no skid prevention on the bottom of furniture or things I don't want sliding around on the hardwood floors. Great stuff with lots of uses!

Uh Oh! Now there will be a run on shelf liner at Wally World. I got the last water wiggler at my local Wal-Mart about a week ago. As I snatched the last wiggler, I stood there thinking, "Everyone in my area must be hatching eggs and needing water wigglers for their incubators. " Right? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by