GRIP LINER on bottom DAY 18

leecey411

Crowing
16 Years
May 31, 2007
Has anyone used this on the bottom to prevent spayed legs?
hu.gif

Let me know what you think.

I just set the eggs on top, out of the turner and now the excitement mounts!!
I am expecting Hanukah chicks,
yippiechickie.gif
silkie and serama!

Cynthia,
In your picture of your lined incubator, is that a frame of wood around the edge or perhaps a modified drawer to keep the chicks from getting their little feet caught at the edges of the incubator?
~Donald

That's a tray my Dh made out of cabin siding and plastic garden fencing for the bottom. It's sitting in our homemade Fridge-a-Bator hatcher. When the hatch is done, we just remove the tray, wipe out the bottom, disinfect the tray and liner or cut a new liner and back in it goes.

Yes, I've gotten this same stuff from Wal-mart in a black color to use for lining my Craftsman tool cabinet. It's a little thinner that what is sold at the hardward store for tool drawer liner, but much cheaper and serves the purpose for that job, too. I also cut it up for no skid prevention on the bottom of furniture or things I don't want sliding around on the hardwood floors. Great stuff with lots of uses!

Uh Oh! Now there will be a run on shelf liner at Wally World. I got the last water wiggler at my local Wal-Mart about a week ago. As I snatched the last wiggler, I stood there thinking, "Everyone in my area must be hatching eggs and needing water wigglers for their incubators. " Right?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom