Grit, I showed my daughter your IMPy

Kitt

Songster
8 Years
Apr 1, 2011
Texas
I showed my daughter Impys pic and you should have seen the look on her face. She asked what is that??!!! While making a stink face.
gig.gif
:lau So, I had to explain the loveable Impy.
love.gif
She looked at me like I was crazy.
idunno.gif

She saw your other chickens and fell in love.

Why does no one love little Impy?
hu.gif

Quote:
I don't know really. Except that he's loud, rude and crude to my hens. Other than that, Impys are fantastic.

I've spent the last hour trying to get pics of Impy's daughter Sally. She's a trahma. She won't let me get pics right now, she's taking her dustbath. Maybe later this evening. I think she's
love.gif

I think that is the reason I love Imp. He just gets into so much trouble. LOL And I know if I had him and he done all the stuff he does with you, I'd threaten to turn him into a chicken nugget too.
lau.gif

I will say they are pretty.

A.T. Hagan :

Quote:
Pygmy buzzards are an acquired taste I'm afraid.
But I do have to admire his attitude. That boy gets around and he never takes NO for an answer!

lau.gif

Quote:
Impy is my accidental turken roo, sexed as a pullet. As ugly as the day is long. Also, has a habit of woo'ing hens that don't belong to him.
I tried to hatch some eggs under a broody from my older flock, that was lead by my beautiful LF dark brahma roo Thor before he passed away:

4810_thor.jpg

When the chicks hatched I found out that my ugly buzzard (turken) roo Impy had been mating my brahma hens:

4810_impycrow.jpg

And the chicks came out looking like this:

4810_p5260072.jpg

Impys antics are legendary on BYC. A bunch of BYCers will probably hold a large and very touching memorial service for him the day I finally wring his naked neck.
somad.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom