Grit substitute?

Pics
Stop feeding all treats and you won't need grit...if they eat only chicken feed.
Yep, I was going to do that, but I am still worried that they haven't been getting enough in the last few days. I wanted to keep a constant supply going because stuff also sometimes gets into their run, and they decide that it is their next meal.

Yep, I was going to do that, but I am still worried that they haven't been getting enough in the last few days. I wanted to keep a constant supply going because stuff also sometimes gets into their run, and they decide that it is their next meal.
They will be fine without grit for a few days or even a week or two.

Ok! I'm just overthinking it, I bet. Would coarse sand work? I have some. I'm just a worrier, so I tend to overthink things.
No sand isn't grit.

Don't feed your birds treats and they will be fine without grit.

Whoops! I didn't see that before I posted! I'll get some in for them tomorrow, and also some little tiny rocks.
Not like fine sand, big, rocky sand like what they would have in the wild. Anything you can fine that is large enough to work and won’t be digested could probably substitute grit, but it wouldn’t be a permanent option. Nothing works better as grit then grit.

Back
Top Bottom