Gritty is not having a good day :(

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, May 18, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I had just slammed the phone down on Hubby. No I'm not mad at him! I had to go chase some cows, right quick like.

To answer the inevitable questions ahead of time. YES, we fixed the problem but that was between the cows and the brahma coop. This time it was between the cows and the baby/broody coop. (THAT problem will be fixed this coming weekend. Only so many hours in a day, yada yada yada)

Second question. Yes #43 was with them, sans her bright blue necklace. I'll wonder what happened to the coop door to my dying day.

So I come back in and call DH back. But instead of talking to him, I'm sputtering. Then I start crying. DH wants to know what I'm crying about. I'm crying because I'm sure the neighbors could hear the words I used to cuss the cows, words that would make a sailor blush with shame; and I'm embarrassed. DH reassures me by telling me that he has lived on this farm his whole life, give or take a few years, and while the neighbors 1/4 mile away may have been able to hear me yelling, they wouldn't have been able to understand the words. *WHEW*

So, my next question to DH, still sniffling....."and are you absolutely sure they can't see up the hill to spot me in my eeyores, chasing cows waving a purple umbrella around????"

DH says I try his patience. I dunno why? [​IMG]

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Sorry you are having a bad day. It will pass.

Imp

3. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    Did they take the baby/broody coop door? sorry you are having a bad week!

4. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Yesterday, I found out that one of my son's friends is not his friend. The "friend" stole a computer [​IMG] and my favorite necklace (a Yule gift from DH) [​IMG]. So - yeah, what is it about sucky days in May this year? [​IMG]

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  6. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Sorry about your bad day. [​IMG] I always have bad luck in May.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG]

I'm tellin' ya.... i'm more than willing to come down there and play with those cows and keep them out of your hair... [​IMG]

8. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] I'm sorry you had such a hard day. I'm sure the hubby understands. Just remember, it will get better. [​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Hey Imp? Ranchy couldn't be here right now, but she left this jar of her specialty....homemade pickled capers, she wanted me to give them to you, from her with love. [​IMG]

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Sorry bout that. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by