10 bbs orpingtons

i think i'm leaning toward the gro gel
but still undecided on the feed

perhaps i'm feeding my chickens before they're hatched

thanks for your help
and i'll let you know how things are progressing

fingers crossed in new england

Quote:
I am going to try planting about 50 X 50 ft area of pure alfalfa. I have 20 chickens. This is small enough to harvest by hand but I hope large enough, with 3-4 cuttings a year, to supply supplemental feed year round.

Quote:
I also am very interested in this! I'm looking at crops to grow for our kitchen and chickens as well, we have a nice little strip of land next to the run that would be great for planting.

Quote:
Updated pics??
pop.gif

i ended up with medicated starter, blue seal feeds home fresh

my chicks did get gro gel when they were in their first day or two and loved it, my dog ate some of it too, she wanted to try

i like the idea of growing food for the chickens here on the half or so acres i have, some of the soil has been really beat up and so i'm going to need the chickens to improve that before i start growing for them

here are the four chicks that made it at ten days old
79557_tendays.jpg

latebloomer,

Love that you want to improve the land! You can supplement the contribution from the chickens by getting composted manure from farms. Try to find a place that offers it free; and if it's not composted yet, do the composting yourself and then broadcast it over your soil. Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom