Grooming silkies for show

I punish my birds buy filing the beak of feet. I you are naughty or bullying a few minutes with the file will make you tink twice
and that way I can keep up with trimming.
hide.gif
bad chickie hiding under chair
Evelyn Bowers

Oh okay I'm a dog and cat groomer I have all the tools except a personal dryer and the VetRx but all I need now is some confidence my stink face is being a stink face right now and some of birds push her away, and she don't mind being by herself when they are out foraging through the grass and she is sunbating in the coop!

Oh okay I'm a dog and cat groomer I have all the tools except a personal dryer and the VetRx but all I need now is some confidence my stink face is being a stink face right now and some of birds push her away, and she don't mind being by herself when they are out foraging through the grass and she is sunbating in the coop!
If your just cleaning her up you don't need the vetrx, and you can just let her air dry
smile.png
The extra steps are for showing your birds but if you just want her clean just follow the shampooing steps.

I have a question... so I have been shampooing Marbles on the occasion she gets messy. She enjoys it, even fell asleep in my hands as I was holding her body under the water stream. I never got her head wet though. I was afraid to. Not sure about ears? I cant see any...
hu.gif
Will water go in there? And about their nostrils, how do you protect all these holes from filling?

Thanks so much! I needed to know this! Just wondering if you keep your show silkie away from the others? My son has a beautiful silkie that we will be showing and I caught her rolling in the dirt. Then I thought maybe I need to put her in a very clean area.......

Back
Top Bottom