Grooming Silkies for showing/ washing head?

Can anyone tell me: at what age should I start to give my Silkies a bath? I want them to remain able to be handled easily and am not sure when to introduce them to a bath.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Can anyone tell me: at what age should I start to give my Silkies a bath? I want them to remain able to be handled easily and am not sure when to introduce them to a bath.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
I have no idea, I'd like to know also. Just the handling you can start really early. I'm guessing that the bathing you could start at a couple of months old? That's just a guess though.

I started washing my silkies when they had all their feathers, which for me was around 3-4 months old.I don't know if that's too young, but it worked.I would put them into a tub filled with warm water.Spray and drip water over them, wash them with a chicken-safe shampoo and then comb, brush and blow-dry them.They loved it, but a dust bath works too.
As for the head-
Silkies have a very fragile skull, so you have to be careful when washing their topknot. I use a spray bottle and a toothbrush to wet and comb their head.It works for me!
Silkies will usually clean and keep themselves tidy, but I have to admit it's fun washing them
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom