Gross..........!!!

emjay

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
well, I just keep seeing and learning new things everyday with my ducks and chickens. Today, 4 of my 5 ducks were begging at my feet while I was doing chicken chores. I looked to the pond to see where #5 was. There she was, coming out of the pond with a large frog in her mouth. She took it into her run and started flailing it around. ugh.
sickbyc.gif

the other ducks went in to see her and one of the drakes grabbed it and beat it some more, at this point it's innards were flailing around too.
sickbyc.gif
:sick

they go back into the pond, taking turns carrying it around.

I finish chores, head up to the house and see the female with yet another frog. I walked faster to the house and shut the door promptly behind me
sickbyc.gif
:sick:sick

I know it's okay and it's what they do, not a big deal, but, the flailing in the air , the innards, ugh. eek, gag.
sickbyc.gif

sorry Miss Piggy, I think Kermit has been eaten.

Quote:
So not an issue for ducks to eat them if they happen to snag one? I know my doberman foams when he eats it, but no harmful effects for him. Wasn't sure about the ducks.

Quote:
So not an issue for ducks to eat them if they happen to snag one? I know my doberman foams when he eats it, but no harmful effects for him. Wasn't sure about the ducks.

It's safe.

I once saw a duck at the lake with a headless snake in its mouth. Don't know what kind of snake it was, but the duck was having a fun time trying to figure out what to do with it. A coot came up and tried to take it away, but the duck wouldn't let him have it. He gave it to his female friend to play with, but she couldn't handle it, so he picked it up again and flipped it around for a while.

I think it is the flailing part that grosses me out the most. seeing body parts flying through the air. ugh.

Back
Top Bottom