Ground Squirrel MANIA!

Geez, I like them. My neighbors cat kills mine, and I'd like to kill the cat lol. I like the ground squirrels WAY more than the cat! Even if I didn't like them, I wouldn't kill them though. I guess I'm just a live and let live guy.

Quote:
I'm not killing them because I have cruel intentions. I'm killing them because my feed bill has risen something like $40 a month since they came out of hibernation and multiplied (despite the fact that I downsized my flock), and every time I turn around the food dish is empty. What happens if I need to leave for a day and the birds have nothing to eat until I come home? Also, their population is artificially large due to the abundance of food apparently! If it was just one or two I would let it slide.

... ok probably not $40 a month since I changed how I stored my food... But between them and the mice and the sparrows it makes an enormous dent. They not only eat it, but they are stashing it somewhwere.... Somewhere under my neighbors horse pasture is a huge cache of corn and pellets!!!

Last edited:
Is there a way that you can put your chicken feed up high, where the chickens have to be on a roost to eat? Do the chickens live in a coop and run or do they free range? If they don't free range can you put up bird netting on the run to keep the sparrows out?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom