Grow Getters & Mad Potters (Gardening Thread)

Would you like to be part of a seed exchange?

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

lovesfarms

Songster
Sep 6, 2016
I planted sunflowers the whole way along the front of my garden and all around my fences and my 7 footer fell down after a drenching rain yesterday!My biggest prize growing in the garden are my chicks! I only started training them for about 2 months yet and they haven't reached the 'perfectionism' Mark yet so some of my plants keep disappearing and some look bedraggled!!! It's probably where the worms are hiding at.

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Premium Feather Member
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
Thank you! Popped in two trays of cherry tomatoes with the balsamic. My garden is just starting to burst with them.

Wish me luck!
That’s why I dehydrated them. I have so many tomatoes. But yesterday I bought a $25 box of them. I just got done slicing them. It’s about 30 lbs of tomatoes or more

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Premium Feather Member
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
I just took out the spring/summer plants and sowed seeds into the gardens. We did brussel sprouts, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. I will be doing many leafy greens tomorrow because I can blanch most and freeze them for eating through the winter.

Kusanar

Crowing
6 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Roanoke area, Va.
I harvested my popcorn yesterday, most ears only had half of the kernals on them if that, some had none, some had bugs, some were rotting... It's a learning experience though. I planted less than a 1/4 cup of corn and got back probably a little over a cup, so nothing lost as long as it pops. I tossed it in the dehydrater at 95 to help dry it out some and will probably try popping a little bit of it tonight to see if it works.

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Premium Feather Member
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
I harvested my popcorn yesterday, most ears only had half of the kernals on them if that, some had none, some had bugs, some were rotting... It's a learning experience though. I planted less than a 1/4 cup of corn and got back probably a little over a cup, so nothing lost as long as it pops. I tossed it in the dehydrater at 95 to help dry it out some and will probably try popping a little bit of it tonight to see if it works.
Let us know how it goes

Top Bottom