Grow Getters & Mad Potters (Gardening Thread)

Would you like to be part of a seed exchange?

• Yes

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Pics
Lol, yep, you can. Just make sure whatever you are drying is as uniform in size as possible and in a single layer, preferably not touching on the trays. Since your trays are stacked, I would also unstack and rotate them so the top ones are now on the bottom halfway through. I had a cheap little walmart round one, no timer, no temp control that would make apple chips like no one's business but it had trouble keeping the top rack as dry as the bottom one especially when filled pretty full as the stuff you are drying blocks airflow.

Not sure how this one would do with making fruit roll-up type things for the same reason, the parchment paper and the food would stop airflow from getting past it to dry properly. Maybe if you have the mix thicker and can do blobs rather than a layer so the air can go through in between the blobs.
So I can’t just put the tomatoes right on the tray?

Tomatoes should be fine as long as they aren't super wet and likely to ooze THROUGH the tray. Same rules as grilling, if possible you want the food directly on the trays but if it's going to try to fall through it needs something under it to support it.
And you said parchment paper is what you use or should I buy dehydrator mats on amazon

And you said parchment paper is what you use or should I buy dehydrator mats on amazon
Parchment paper is fine, just make sure you use the nonstick (shiny) side up. The mats don't let air through either so no real benifit to the mats other than them being washable and the ones from Excalibur can't be soaked, only washed (the water can get between the layers) so the washable bit is less than useful in my opinion.

Parchment paper is fine, just make sure you use the nonstick (shiny) side up. The mats don't let air through either so no real benifit to the mats other than them being washable and the ones from Excalibur can't be soaked, only washed (the water can get between the layers) so the washable bit is less than useful in my opinion.
I got silicone ones that allow air through

Huh, had not seen those. Let me know how they do. Not sure how they will keep liquid on top of them if they have holes so I am very interested.
It is mainly just for fruits that are somewhat soft like the tomatoes and for jerky... My DH said "You are making me jerky, right?" Guess he isn't upset about that purchase :lau

I get them in 2 days so I will have them way before the dehydrator, I think.

It is mainly just for fruits that are somewhat soft like the tomatoes and for jerky... My DH said "You are making me jerky, right?" Guess he isn't upset about that purchase :lau

I get them in 2 days so I will have them way before the dehydrator, I think.
I got some meat from the store once that was PERFECT for making jerky, it was super thin slices and about 4 inches square. I toss it in a bag of marinade in the fridge for a day or 2, pull it out by the handful and squeeze the extra liquid off, and then just spread them out on the trays wherever they fit.

Not sure what that meat cut was for, it was a mexican dish of some sort and was pre-cut.

I forgot to post this before but my zucchini plant kind of exploded overnight 😂🤣 it was not standing up like that the day before! It’s almost as tall as the tomatoes 😂:eek: :th

23D1D8EA-F8EA-4418-9D4B-6E723944433F.jpeg
13E43E72-D34E-452B-9421-D579D43E67A7.jpeg
F4E10C82-8035-4E21-AFC1-3E41832C07BB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom