grower feed is out of stock

To me the downside of a wet mash is the dishes I need to wash. The turkey grower I have is pellets, so there is less clean up to do...

My issue is that the coop is further from the house than I would like and I don't have a hose outside so the dishes come into the kitchen to be cleaned. This means prewashing to get the worst (you know I mean poo stuck to the bowl somehow) of it off in the chicken area requires me to lug water jugs out the the henhouse. If dishes are easier for you then it is a different calculation, maybe based on a cost difference from the retailer.

the graceful wing-leg stretch. I thought maybe it was only baby chick move but no. I find it so entertaining 😂 of course she knew I was taking photos. better than a beak all up in the phone pecking at it! they make it so damn hard to get a picture!
I agree even as babies.
PXL_20220604_162920873.jpg

To me the downside of a wet mash is the dishes I need to wash. The turkey grower I have is pellets, so there is less clean up to do...

My issue is that the coop is further from the house than I would like and I don't have a hose outside so the dishes come into the kitchen to be cleaned. This means prewashing to get the worst (you know I mean poo stuck to the bowl somehow) of it off in the chicken area requires me to lug water jugs out the the henhouse. If dishes are easier for you then it is a different calculation, maybe based on a cost difference from the retailer.
I just get water inside then add set amount to old ice cream bucket full of water and hand scoop it onto waterers, stump, both sides of feed pans, old pie pans, old saucepan etc. Then only thing that comes back in is the ice cream bucket and .. my hand lol

the chick starter would be the one more regularly available locally. but that bag of turkey grower is likely still sitting there and I could go grab that tomorrow if need be. choices!

I have issues getting grower as well, mostly because stores tend to carry starter and layer with nothing in between. When that happens, I opt for the starter.

In your case I would go with the starter over the turkey grower. There is such thing as too much protein and while 23% is probably still ok, I don't see a need for it when you have a 21% starter as an option that the birds were ok with before.

I have issues getting grower as well, mostly because stores tend to carry starter and layer with nothing in between. When that happens, I opt for the starter.

In your case I would go with the starter over the turkey grower. There is such thing as too much protein and while 23% is probably still ok, I don't see a need for it when you have a 21% starter as an option that the birds were ok with before.
thanks @rosemarythyme for chiming in, this is sensible!

I have a hose I drag uphill to the coop! I hear you on washing the mash dishes! one more thing for all of us to clean!

I leave a gallon jug of water next to my feed bag. Every few days I bring it into the house to refill it, saves me from needing the hose near the feed! I also keep paper towels there, and can usually get poo off the bowl with a wet paper towel, there is never any food left in the wet mash to have to clean out. It is seriously bare when I pick it up at night! 😂

I leave a gallon jug of water next to my feed bag. Every few days I bring it into the house to refill it, saves me from needing the hose near the feed! I also keep paper towels there, and can usually get poo off the bowl with a wet paper towel, there is never any food left in the wet mash to have to clean out. It is seriously bare when I pick it up at night! 😂
that’s a great system! I do love how they leave the mash bowl so spotless sometimes 😂

Back
Top Bottom