Growing like weeds! {Pics} and a question on feathers

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kaugomu, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Kaugomu

Kaugomu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    Appart from the massive upswing in food intake, I can visibly see our three little girls growing before my eyes day by day. Our two week old Barred Rock and Red Star are just starting to get their feathers in. It's exciting to watch the BR go from all black to getting little bars of white here and there and bitter sweet to watch our only "typical" yellow fluff ball start to show red in her feathers. The 4 week old EE is really looking scraggly but I'm so excited and proud of her as her BEAUTIFUL feathers start to really come in!

LOTS more pictures in my Flikr stream, from day 1 to today! http://flic.kr/s/aHsjv7em8S

[​IMG]
    Our BR 2 weeks old

[​IMG]
    2 week old Red Star

[​IMG]
    4 week old EE

I think I've read that the bit of baldness around the neck area is somewhat normal durring this stage in the feathering out process, but just wanted to make sure that I didn't have a real mutt on my hands with a naked neck EE. [​IMG] not that we wouldn't love her just the same if she was. [​IMG]

I LOVE their little bitty tails!! [​IMG]

Now if only we could decide on names. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of one of my RIR chicks.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  3. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    [​IMG] Your chicks are beautiful and appear to be developing normally! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your chicks. [​IMG]

4. blefky

blefky life in the yard

Mar 18, 2010
    stamford, ct
    Beautiful babies! Soon to be entering their dinosaur stage! [​IMG] Enjoy them - they grow up fast! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by