Growing Up: Easter Egger

JMPE: I looked at your pictures on your view blog. Your chicks are adorable and I love their names. I have to say I really like the pictures of your coop. What is the wired section near their pop-hole?

Quote:
I live in WI and wanted my girls to have lots of room inside during the winter and wet spring months. I built the whole thing in a 10x10 shed. I have a coop with a roosting area and nest boxes attached by a ramp down to an indoor run with a lift top. The birds will be able to move freely between the two indoor parts. We have ever predator in the book, so I tried to build super secure and used hard wire for the inside run as well as the outside.

Note on the above... The picture on my page is before I had the whole project done (for that matter, I'm still not "done"). The bottom is all buttoned up, and I have the area at the front set up of my feeders and water.

I have two easter eggers
big_smile.png
:

Emerson at 1 day old:
40213_emerson_1_dayss.jpg

Thoreau at 1 day old:
40213_thoreau_1_day.jpg

And here they are at 12 weeks (the white one with a little brown on her head is Thoreau and the brown one is Emerson):
40213_004_2.jpg

Last edited:
If I added up what I spent on all those individual components (and the driving to get them added on), it would have been a lot more than $119. I'd say go for it. You can always add more later. BUT.... I don't know about the reliability of the breeder. Maybe someone else will help you out on that score.

You guys might have already seen some of my EE's. I will post them again...since they are so cute and all.
big_smile.png

This was Chocolate Orange Truffle at 3 days old.
23509_dsc02751.jpg

Chocolate Orange Truffle at 13 weeks old
23509_dsc02942.jpg

This is Blue Berry at 3 days old
23509_dsc02611.jpg

Blue Berry at 13 weeks old.
23509_dsc02924.jpg

This is Oreo, the white one, at 3 days old
23509_dsc02748.jpg

Oreo at 13 weeks old
23509_dsc03285.jpg

Cream Puff at 3 days old
23509_dsc02609.jpg

Cream Puff at 13 weeks old
23509_dsc02921.jpg

Quote:
Hi Ginger, your images arent coming thru. Could you please repost? The suspense is killing me LOL
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom