1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Growing Up: Easter Egger

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bravo, Aug 26, 2009.

1. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    ***if the pics are to big then refresh the page***
    Littlefeet~ I think your little white girl is an EE it looks like she has the puffy cheecks, does she have green legs? If so then EE for sure. I have a white chick that looked the exact same as yours. [​IMG]

Here are my EE!!!

Monroe
    1 Day old
    [​IMG]
    1 1/2 week old
    [​IMG]
    5 weeks old
    [​IMG]

Wild one (because her feathers have always looked like a mess)
    1 day old
    [​IMG]
    1 1/2 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    5 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    top view so you can see her coloring better
    [​IMG]

Beauty
    1 week old
    [​IMG]
    1 1/2 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    5 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  2. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Olympia Washington
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  3. StacyK

StacyK Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Sumner, WA
    Here is a pic of my 3 EEs at 5 days - the striped one in front & the black on on right looking at camera [​IMG], can just see top of head of 3rd in back but she was almost identical to front striped chick. Names are Freedom (black), Liberty & Justice - named by son because they were "Ameraucaunas" [​IMG] We got them at the local feed store, can't recall which hatchery the order from.
    [​IMG]

Here is Freedom, the black one, the other day at 20 weeks, my favorite! Sorry, not the best pics, but they are hard to get right now [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Justice, one of the striped chicks, at 20 weeks. Liberty, the other striped baby, looks the same, but head feathers are more red-gold and has a little more black in rump feathers:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  4. LittleFeat

LittleFeat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Newchickmom09~ thanks for your reply! Your little Monroe looks just like mine at 1 day and also 1 1/2 weeks. Frisbee is only 2 weeks old but she looks like yours. She does have the puffy cheeks and green legs. I've gotten some more pics but she's the hardest one to capture in a "kodak moment" as she's constantly running in every direction! she almost looks like they tried to dye her as she has a blue cast down her back and a green cast underneath. I think she's going to be mostly white with brown feather tips when she's full grown.
    Sure wish I had room for more chicks as there are so many different breeds/varieties as well as personalities.

5. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Charlie my EE roo at 3 weeks
    [​IMG]

At 9weeks
    [​IMG]
    Charlie today around 5 months

[​IMG]

Maggie at the same age
    [​IMG]
    Maggie today almost 5 months
    [​IMG]

6. lw2ndstar

lw2ndstar New Egg

Apr 28, 2009
    Maryland
    I love this thread! EEs come in really pretty colors, don't they?

Here's my Olivia, at less than 1 week old:
    [​IMG]

And here are a couple of her at almost 20 weeks. No eggs yet, but no crowing either! I think she is GORGEOUS. (I'm a proud chicken-mom)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If she turns out to be a Roo, I'm keeping "him" anyway.
    I hope this thread keeps going - I'm loving the before and afters!

7. LittleFeat

LittleFeat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    I agree, your Olivia is gorgeous! and I love this topic too!

I just went back through the pages and they are ALL so stunning!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  8. mom2chicksandpups

mom2chicksandpups Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Southeast Alabama
    I will try to dig up photos of mine. I bought 3 nearly identical chicks and they were all so different when they grew up. Then I bought a 4th from the same person who also looked like the 1st 3 and he was different also. It was amazing how different they looked when grown up.

9. RAWR

RAWR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    who wants to know?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    this is Pablo :]
    hes a 4 month old blue EE

10. Joious

Joious New Egg

Aug 30, 2009
    San Tan Valley
    We just bought 5 chicks from the local feed store. We were told that they are Ameraucanas but I've read on the forums that they usually turn out to be EE's. What do you think? I'm a little nervous...if they are really Ameracaunas they will be small and have small eggs, but EE's are larger right? My son has been waking up every morning saying, "Mommy, I want baby chickens!" We are in love with them either way. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by