Mama has a wild nest that she’s on?
She keeps trying. Stayed out last night-1st night run was finished. She came back this afternoon, so she's locked in now. There are too many nosy predators right now for her to be off on her own for a month. Besides, Mia couldn't take it. He laid on the top step of patio door most of the day, saddest looking thing I ever did see. Then when I got her in, he had moved to the front door. I never saw a bird so ecstatic to see his mate!
Going to try leaving youngins in coop tonight. Mama/Mia are locked in their coop, Brodie & Numi have been with the keets most of the day & the most that's happened is Numi pecked a few in the rear. But I'm leaving the coop open til near dark so there will be less umbrage at lockdown.

16 keets! Few days early.. Some quick pics of my newest flock members. Too stinking cute ❤ . 1 keet &6 eggs in the incubators, 2 eggs have cracks and I am sure 3 are dead. 1 keet died in the incubator because of my error, they hatched early and the keet was smashed with the egg turner 😥.
0704221222a.jpg
0704221220f.jpg
0704221220e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom