She's pretty, whatever it may be. I guess if the hatcher says it's lavender in person that's more a curate than a pic.
I looked up, bc I remember when trying to decide what to get, reading pros/cons of diff incubators. It was always recommended to wrap a towel around the styrofoam ones to hold in heat & humidity. So I went back and looked, the issue was that they're more sensitive to changes in room conditions.
I think to a degree that's true of all of them.I remember pulling the DEhumidifier into the room during a rainy week bc I could not get the humidity down in the unit even though I completely dried it out. I remember reading other ppl moving their unit to different places bc they couldn't regulate temp inside. So if you adjust your thermostat at home for periods when you aren't there, or if you had my dtr, who always cranked the ac when I wasn't home -🤷‍♀️
I had wondered how units compete with room air. Yours doesn't have a fan, right? So you have to have it set at higher temp to begin with.
With mine, if you leave the vents wide open & the fan is running, then it seems like it would always be drawing in room air at whatever temp & humidity it is, possibly cooling or increasing/decreasing humidity.
I don't know if that makes sense or I just over think things. But I ended up closing the register in that room and leaving the door cracked. It did seem to help stabilize the unit.
Here's 4 of mine this week-6wks. They crack me up. The shed floor is resin, so they're constantly running back and forth, thump thump thump. The other 3 must've been thumping at this particular moment.
View attachment 3184413
Scratch that, you said you have forced air.
My hatching room does not have a/c. And your keets are adorable.

updates for today 🐛

0722221410.jpg

...checkin' ya out....

0722221412d~2.jpg

...the "bakery bunch"
0722221440a~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom