Grown chicken with curled toes

It may be a little swollen, but personally, I would leave the hocks alone. She's 8 years old so some of that may be age related.

You could file the nails down to blunt them if they are digging into her feet.

Well I know this is old but I felt the need to update.
so she still has curled toes and swollen hocks like I described earlier. I give her rooster booster products like B12 and also the poultry cell. She has trouble walking and usually lays down most days. She still eats and is normal but sadly she can’t move as well, but she still finds a way to run to me everyday though :) she will usually flap her wings to move.
She is very happy and still lays amazing eggs every other day.

I file her nails down every other day and it doesn’t help.
I have seen things about chicks having curled toes and treating for a riboflavin defiency. would this be an option (or do the rooster booster vitamins already contain that )? And also since I give her the two vitamin products is there anything more I can do?

Do you think that is all i can do for her? And I will try that!

also I have a hen who is not feeling well and I am making a thread about it now, I would love if you could help!

Last edited:
At her age, I think that's probably all you can do for her. You could try giving her 81mg of Aspirin once a day for a couple of days to see if that makes a difference. Maybe arthritis? The only thing is, Aspirin should not be given long term - about 3 days in a row is the limit. BUT if you find that it does help, then your vet may be able to prescribe pain meds that can be given longer term.

Back
Top Bottom