Growth on beak

jfro

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2015
Kauai

My rooster and two hens are currently staying with friends while im in the process of moving. When i went to visit them today i noticed Ruby had a growth on her beak and a wound on her eyelid. I saw her scratching that side of her face and wiping her beak on the ground. Does anyone know what it is and how i should treat it? Its about an hour and a half drive to come see them so unfortunately i cant be here every day and dont think the friends they are staying with are that able/willing to play vet. What about her eyelid? Does it look ok? Will it heal on its own?

My rooster and two hens are currently staying with friends while im in the process of moving. When i went to visit them today i noticed Ruby had a growth on her beak and a wound on her eyelid. I saw her scratching that side of her face and wiping her beak on the ground. Does anyone know what it is and how i should treat it? Its about an hour and a half drive to come see them so unfortunately i cant be here every day and dont think the friends they are staying with are that able/willing to play vet. What about her eyelid? Does it look ok? Will it heal on its own?
The eye looks like a pecking injury, hopefully it will heal on it's own. Most pecking wounds heal well. Since it's close to the eye, have your friend watch it, if there is any swelling then you will want to treat it.

The beak, I'm not quite sure on that. It could be a scrape injury (scabbing) or something like canker or pox.

Make sure waterers are kept clean and sanitized.

Back
Top Bottom