growth stages

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickepoo, Jul 21, 2007.

1. chickepoo

chickepoo Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2007
    Buffalo, MN
    Is there, either here or elsewhere on the web, a place I can see what my chicks will look like when they reach 2, 3, 4, etc weeks? I haven't raised chicks for (gulp)15 years and those were pheasants but I want to refresh my memory. I think mine are now 3-5 days old and they are growing feathers so quickly. I haven't a clue what breed any of them are since the guy we ordered them from put them in with store inventory and opened sales to anyone before we got there and we got what was left! Still cute though!!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I think there is something like that on this board... I think barg has posts of his chicks as they are aging... Dunno where the post went though.

I have weeks 1-6 of a silkie, but that wont be too helpful if you have standards :p. Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  3. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    you could try feathersite.com if you are looking to figure out what breeds you have.

Kim

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Here it is. Barg has lots of pics of his two girls on here.
    Barg's chicks

5. domromer

domromer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2007
    Flagstaff,AZ
  6. allen wranch

allen wranch Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    San Marcos, TX
  7. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    Quote:Could you please post the pictures of the silkies at all 1-6 weeks, please?

8. Phoenixxx

Phoenixxx Chillin' With My Peeps

I just found this because I'm wondering the same, too.

http://joy-at-home.hubpages.com/hub/The-Life-of-a-Chick-From-Newly-Hatched-to-Adult

Though, the amount of trouble this woman goes through seems to be a bit much... There are much more efficient ways of farming. Also, I don't know what breed is documented here, but it must be a production meat breed because they have leg issues and got big fast, poor things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by