GRRR Looks like the post office is starting there antics again!

jenlynn4

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
PA
Not looking good for this year AGAIN! I ordered my first set of eggs (had to fill my 2 new incubators with something since my girls are not laying yet) and The person shipped them out VERY fast and sent me the tracking info. I tracked and checked several time a day. The info always said the same thing...shipper has electronicly notified the package will be shipped...never anything else. I emailed the shipper and she stated they went out right away. So I was getting really worried and thought for shure they would be here this morning so I called my post office. Thank God they are here, but the NEVER updated the tracking info at all. Whats the point of paying for tracking if they dont even scan the packages!!!!! I think its just pure lazyness that they couldnt take the few seconds it takes to scan the # into the computer. At least the eggs are here....Now to see what kind of shape they are in when I pick them up in an hour! (biteing nails)
roll.png

Edited to add update: Just got eggs and candled them, There were 2 cracked, 5 others with broken air cells, and 7 that look good. So thats 50% right off the bat that will not be viable. Not looking to good for my hatch results. LOL We will see how many are fertile and growing in 5 days.
hmm.png

Last edited:
The EXACT thing happened to me with my recent egg shipment. No tracking updates and SUDDENLY they are at my door.... Two of the 12 shipped were cracked.

I've demanded three refunds in a row when the Charlotte P.O., the destination office, did not scan something when it came in, and I got my money back. I paid for Del Conf (didn't do it online) so I was entitled to a refund when they didn't provide the service. It was like pulling teeth, but I was determined. To take money for a service you don't really intend to provide is fraud.

I completely agree! I have a few packages on the way and neither have been updated! Ugh surely they could do better! Gee I hope no one on here works at the PO!

well at least The package did get here....I am not sure as to what condition its going to be in since the post office doesnt open till 8:30. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the eggs will be in good shape. Thanks all for posting! I see I am not alone in my frustration!
roll.png

Think it's scary with eggs, try it with LIVES.
I've called them and gotten the response, "We have no record of their movement since they were scanned in at their point of origin".
That'll keep you up at night-especially when you get that response on the day they were supposed to arrive at your local PO.
I was sweatin' bullets.

Back
Top Bottom