grrrrrrrrrr . lost the whole hatch

BairleaFarm

Songster
8 Years
May 3, 2011
Georgetown, KY
Stupid incubator. Ive had my windows open for a week or so. The inside temp was fluctuating and i guess this styro incubator couldnt keep up. Temps as low as 80 and as high as 108. Last time I use it. Turkeys, Ducks, Guineas, and Chicken eggs - all dead. They looks the same as they did last week when I candled. Between this and the hatch I killed a couple weeks ago is wearing my out. I may just take a little break. Frustrating I tell you.

2011-10-02_19-16-24_482.jpg

LG's are notorious for needing stable room temps. I kept mine in the spare bedroom with the heat vent covered and the window never opened.

Turkey and guinea eggs this time of year probably wouldn't have done well anyway, turkeys have been out of season for a while.

Quote:
Sorry about your eggs too... I agree. I have an LG also. I also keep it in a room where the vents are covered and window never opened. Some people put theirs in a closet.

I had a new LG and woke up one morning to a temp of 110 degrees. I had a full bator of 42 eggs. I renamed it the "murderbator" and sold it ASAP! Miracle of miracles, 5 eggs actually hatched. (4 dominiques and 1 gold laced wyandotte. 4 roos and 1 hen). Hovabator forever!
tongue.png

Quote:
Sorry about your eggs too... I agree. I have an LG also. I also keep it in a room where the vents are covered and window never opened. Some people put theirs in a closet.

X2 I have wonderful success with mine but I keep it in a wooden cabinet with a cloth "curtain" over the doorway instead of an actual door. My temps usually just go no lower than 97 at night and no higher than 102 in the heat of the day with the typical temp being 99.

Take a little break and when you are mentally ready, try try again!

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom