*Grumble Grumble* stupid Serama

Quote:
Lol. So we have it planned out, you take the rooster I get the hen, Mathew gets chicken poop and I broken egg
big_smile.png

*sniffles* I'll take some fertile eggs
fl.gif

gig.gif

But I have a little girl that has no friends except for two Silkies. Does that sound fun
lau.gif

I guess I pity you little girl, So I guess you can send her to my house too....

lol
big_smile.png

So guess what happened today......my girl redeemed herself and gave me an egg!!!
clap.gif

And the gooey parts were still inside the shell!!! Will wait a few more days and see if she lays anymore and give them to my broody hen that is just about done hatching her babies!

Here are pics of the happy couple! He loves the camera but I can never get her to pose for me
roll.png

100_0998.jpg

100_1004.jpg

Too cute!! My little hen is 5 months, and has become a very good layer. I probably get 4-5 a week from her! She has this thing that sometimes she doesn't want to lay in the nest though, so I find cracked eggs on the ground.
idunno.gif
She's eaten one or two before too, but fortunately its not a habit.

i have 2 6month serama hens and they hve both been laying about 3or4 a week. they have been laying for about a month and they both ate their first eggs. Serama eggs are the most fragile so i slipped a extra bantam egg that i had into their nest and it never cracked and ive not had a problem since. a fake egg or even a golfball will due the trick. once they peck it and figure out that it hurts they wont do it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom