*Grumble Grumble* stupid Serama

jeepchick

Songster
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Loudon, New Hampshire
I have a pair of Seramas that are like 7ish months old. My little roo has started trying to get busy with his lady so I have been inconspiculously keeping an eye on them for any signs of egg laying....I can't wait to hatch some! So the one day that I am out of town she lays her very first ever egg!

AND SHE ATE IT!!!!
smack.gif
<<-- replace the little blue guy with a little yellow Serama

Haven't seen an egg since and I have been really really watching her for it. Hope this isn't going to be a trend.

I'd give her away to a little kid as a pet and get a new hen if it doesn't quit. Mine are all young still and not laying but if that happens boy will I be MAD.

I had one of my BOs eat a couple eggs when they were starting out but it went away after a week. Probably because that's when I started free-ranging them and the hens had better things to do than to play in the boxes all day

fishnet1971 wrote: oh oh oh... nope, you need to get rid of them BOTH!!!!!!!! yup, definitly. and please ship them to my address quickly!!!!!!

I don't know about that... I have this thing.... and it gets them to stop eating eggs.... so you better send them to my house

Oh no ya dont... I claimed them FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and the fight begins....)
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom