*Grumble Grumble* stupid Serama

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jeepchick, Jun 16, 2011.

1. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    I have a pair of Seramas that are like 7ish months old. My little roo has started trying to get busy with his lady so I have been inconspiculously keeping an eye on them for any signs of egg laying....I can't wait to hatch some! So the one day that I am out of town she lays her very first ever egg!

AND SHE ATE IT!!!! [​IMG] <<-- replace the little blue guy with a little yellow Serama

Haven't seen an egg since and I have been really really watching her for it. Hope this isn't going to be a trend.

2. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Oh that sinks!

[​IMG]

Keep a eye on her, And beat her to her own egg!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'd get rid of that hen.

4. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I'd give her away to a little kid as a pet and get a new hen if it doesn't quit. Mine are all young still and not laying but if that happens boy will I be MAD.

5. I have a RSL that did the same thing. I watched her like a hawk. got to the eggs first for awhile. That was a year ago, and she has never done it again. maybe I was just lucky? but perserverance paid off.

6. uncle rico

uncle rico Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Spring Green, WI
    I had one of my BOs eat a couple eggs when they were starting out but it went away after a week. Probably because that's when I started free-ranging them and the hens had better things to do than to play in the boxes all day

7. oh oh oh... nope, you need to get rid of them BOTH!!!!!!!! yup, definitly. and please ship them to my address quickly!!!!!! [​IMG]

8. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Quote:I don't know about that... I have this thing.... and it gets them to stop eating eggs.... so you better send them to my house [​IMG]

9. fishnet1971 wrote: oh oh oh... nope, you need to get rid of them BOTH!!!!!!!! yup, definitly. and please ship them to my address quickly!!!!!!

I don't know about that... I have this thing.... and it gets them to stop eating eggs.... so you better send them to my house

Oh no ya dont... I claimed them FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and the fight begins....) [​IMG]

10. Quote:Oh no ya dont... I claimed them FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and the fight begins....) [​IMG]

No no no!!! I want them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by