Guard Geese?

My uncle had a goose that was his "security officer". When we went to visit, we used to have to wait in the car until he put the goose away otherwise it would attack you.

We have white chinese geese
and brown Chinese geese and they are both great guard geese as well as weeder geese .

We will be sell their eggs and the fertility has been great. We have a one to one male female ratio, so just figure. I got 100% fertility. It was wonderful.

Please pm me if you would like some eggs. Nancy

Laying should start in next 2-3 weeks...We're in West Georgia

Hey !!!!! I may be changing my mind again, i want geese, why not:)

Welcome, glad you set up a thread this place is addictive.
Look at the pic of the week ...... Delaware Chickens!!! hahahahaa

You should check out some of my threads!

good point.... I forgot to mention they are awsome weeder geese i think farmers from China would walk them to the field in the morning and back again at night

Last edited:
Yes, we walk them out to weed and then bring them home in the evening. They are happy little workers and great for manure on the ground as well. We love the noisy little fellows and girls!

I have a goose question, I raised three Runner ducks with an Embden hen, they're all 10 weeks old and she treats the ducks like her babies. I had no idea this could happen. This upsets the other Embdens, two hens and a gander though the gander is doing his best to make friends now. Do I just let them work it out? I just got 5 more baby ducks, 4 Runners and a Saxony, when they are a little older they will be my grasshopper control in a different yard than the geese, I would like to have the older Runners with them too but would I be causing their "momgoose" alot of stress and unhappiness? I know that geese and ducks live together well so is leaving the three Runners with their goose the best thing to do?

I would really appreciate feedback,
Thanks.

Quote:
Sorry partner but I gotta say it, gander is a male goose but yes, a male can be agressive especially if his girlfriend or the little ones are in danger.

As for protectors, I've been told adult tom turkeys can be a good deterant but nothing beats a good electric fence to guard critters when you aren't around.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom