Guess at 4.5 weeks??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SandyRiverChick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. SandyRiverChick

SandyRiverChick Songster

Jun 7, 2009
    Brightwood, OR
    Only 3 chicks here: 1 RIR, 1 Buff, 1 BR.... Of the breeds I'm sure but of Gender, not so much..... I THINK the Buff is a pullet. RIR and BR.... ??? I know it's early and likely I need to come back again in a few weeks but you know.... Just thought I'd try!! Any takers?? They're moving outside today, whoop whoop!! THANKS!! RIR1.PNG RIR_BR1.PNG BR2.PNG BR1.PNG 3chicks.PNG

Attached Files:

• BO1.PNG
      BO1.PNG
      File size:
      558.5 KB
      Views:
  2. 2 many chickens

2 many chickens Songster

Jan 14, 2017
    No expert here but looking like pullets. P.s I adore BR they are the sweetest breed I have. Very goofy and curious. <3

3. FritzChicks

FritzChicks In the Brooder

Jan 10, 2017
    I think they look like Pullets :)

SandyRiverChick likes this.
  4. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Your BR is a pullet. You can tell by her feathering. But please wait until they're six weeks old, then post pics of their combs.

5. Kessel23

Kessel23 Hi Bug

Feb 6, 2018
    Hi Hannah
    Most hatchery quality RIRs feather at different speeds depending on sex, males feather slowly and females feather fast, i'm not sure where you got them but most hatcheries have this kind of RIR. If that is one of these RIRs then it is a pullet.

6. SandyRiverChick

SandyRiverChick Songster

Jun 7, 2009
    Brightwood, OR
    Thanks so much! And I appreciate the insight on BR! With my first flock I made the mistake of getting ALL RIR's -7 so it was just a blurr of red. Their names since I couldnt tell them apart.... Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken, Chicken.... I love this little BR (she) is like you say really curious, always the first to run out at me - I always think she's saying HI, I like to party!! Thanks again!

7. SandyRiverChick

SandyRiverChick Songster

Jun 7, 2009
    Brightwood, OR
    Great info. thank you!! I got them at a local feed store, so yes it was their hatcherie order. Also getting 2 started Lavender Pullets from a local breeder in a few weeks.

8. SandyRiverChick

SandyRiverChick Songster

Jun 7, 2009
    Brightwood, OR
    Will do!! THANK YOU !!!!

Crazy for Chickens! likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: